Oct 7, 2013
If you venture into the city often, then you know that city buses seem to take over the road. It is important to be careful as you drive near or pass by such a large vehicle. Failure to be cautious could present real danger. Therefore, avoid an accident by paying attention to your surroundings amongst other things.
The bustling city is filled with lots of noises, commotion, and colors. However, you can’t lose focus on what you are doing: driving. Here are some tips to follow so you can stay on the right side of the road and risks:
- Obey the speed limits in the city, especially when attempting to cross over multiple lanes of traffic.
- Be extra careful when passing a bus and stay out of the blind spots.
- When a bus stops at a designated street sign, never try to pass it. You don’t know what could be around the corner, or if a person is walking. Be patient so you can stay safe.
- Understand what the different light patterns of a city bus mean. They make frequent stops, so understanding their movements can help you avoid accidents.
- Since buses usually travel slower than the speed limit, make sure to give the driver plenty of room to maneuver.
- Large vehicles such as buses take longer to stop than regular cars, so don’t tail gate them or jam on the brakes if you are in front.
- In an intersection, buses turning right might require extra space. Anticipate this in order to not collide.
- Always wear a seat belt, whether you are in the city or not. This allows you to remain in control of the vehicle and your life on the road.
At Partner Agency, we hope these tips help you stay safe around city buses. If you feel your car requires more protection, then having auto insurance may help. This solution provides you with common options in order to give you the coverage you need. Let us help you create a personalized policy you can rely on today.